Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh Hi, Remember Me?

Well, after a month-long hiatus, I’m back. I think. I’m currently still in the process of deciding whether or not to keep this blog going. Sometimes I feel like it’s become more of a responsibility than a pleasure, and I feel almost guilty when I forget to write something or don’t post that often. It’s kind of like having homework, and I outgrew that around 8th grade.

But then again, I still like sharing things that happen to me in this new BA life, however sporadically they may occur. I didn’t start this blog to earn money or win any popularity contests…it was just a way for me to write down things that I saw or did and maybe encourage or help out some other people along the way. Plus, in this day and age, who doesn’t have a blog?

The thing is, I haven’t been doing as many things as I did when I first got here. Not because there isn’t anything to do or that I’ve done it all already, but because I just haven’t gotten off my ass to go do them. Money and time have been a factor, but that’s really no excuse. I’ve been here in BA for almost one year now (August 1st), and my BA life has pretty much fallen into a routine. I have my (amazing) boyfriend, I have my circle of friends, I have my activities and my daily responsibilities, and that’s become my BA life. And while I greatly enjoy my life, I do want to do some different and exciting things every once in a while.

Ok, lament over. I just got back from a two-week visit home to the US of A, where I got to see all of my friends and family, get a bit of a tan, and stuff my face with all kinds of delicious foods (seriously, I ate for 14 days straight: chik-fil-A, Chipotle, Wendy’s, Panera!) It was a great trip, and I miss all of my loved ones so much (this is where the shout-outs would go if I were anything but a tall, blonde, white chick from the suburbs). But for now, my place is here in Buenos Aires and until that changes, thank god for Skype and let’s pray that plane tickets will come down from the astronomical prices they seem to have reached lately.

I brought back the usual arsenal of American products: Tabasco, Aunt Jemima, peanut butter, Ranch dressing mix, Reese’s peanut butter cups (which the BF apparently loves and from whom said candy must now be hidden), Worcestershire sauce, Stovetop stuffing mix, and various spices. Also in the suitcases: 1 electric hand mixer, 4 (yes 4) muffin tins, 7 pounds worth of bath products from Bath and Body Works, recipe binder, lots of new clothes (bought with money I don’t have, naturally), and various kitchen supplies including an oven mitt, measuring spoons and cups, and two graters. Let’s not judge, shall we?

Now that I’m back I can’t wait to get into the cancha and play some soccer, and I’m looking forward to getting some good parrilla meals in the near future. I’m also anxiously awaiting spring and summer, which are just around the corner. Kind of. Last spring I was recently arrived and didn’t really know too many people, so I was limited in my asado, fiesta, reuniones en el parque invitations. I plan to fully take advantage of the season this time around.

Anyway, in terms of this blog, we’ll see what the future brings. There is change in the air…I can feel it (coming in the air tonight).

2 comments:

  1. Keep blogging! It doesn't matter if it's sporadic, we enjoy it whenever it pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alleluia - i agree

    ReplyDelete